Only 7% of registered voters turned out for the 2018 Annual Town Meeting (630 of the 8927 registered), 25% voted at the ballot.
50+ Volunteer Groups Running a “$300M business”
The Town has over 50 boards, committees, workgroups. These elected and appointed officials, along with staff, administer an enterprise of $300M for operations and capital spending.
- Create outreach vehicles that help regular people feel comfortable with accessing and participating in local government
- Develop content that people trust to better understand the issues outside of the “opinions” on social media
- Work with local government to improve effectiveness, including significantly strengthening enforcement of existing regulations
- Encourage the efficient reorganization of key government functions and processes
- Strive to ensure that ACK•Now leads a shared community discussion moving forward
- Ensure that town departments are adequately staffed for full enforcement of existing regulations and conditions surrounding development
 2018 Annual Report, Town of Nantucket.  Town of Nantucket website.  2019 Annual Town Meeting Warrant, Town of Nantucket.